Good attendance is vital in improving children’s life chances. Children who attend school regularly will have the best chance to achieve their academic potential and have real opportunity in further education and the world of work. It will also enable your child to:
- access the lessons needed to achieve their expected grades
- maintain friendships and develop new ones
- have access to social and sporting events offered by the school
- explore potential careers
- develop work habits such as good punctuality which are essential to thrive in the world of employment
Missing out on the education, all children are entitled to, risks children falling behind. Those with higher overall absence tend to achieve less well in both primary and secondary school.
In addition, in line with government regulations, leave in term time cannot be authorised by the Head Teacher unless there are exceptional, unavoidable circumstances. Please see the 'Leave in Term Time' letter below for more details.
Further advice for parents, about school attendance can be found by clicking on the following link: School attendance, advice for parents
If you have any concerns about your child's attendance, please contact school (0121 464 2881 ) to discuss these with Mr Hyde or another member of the Senior Leadership Team. Thank you.