Safeguarding and Child Protection
CHILD PROTECTION & SAFEGUARDING
At Mapledene we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone's responsibility.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment.
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness.
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At our school in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to.
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that their role is to:
- Listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse. Not to attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised.
- Refer to the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) immediately.
- Contact the Head or the Deputy DSL if the DSL is not available.
- Remember disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
If anything worries you or concerns you, report it straight away.
To help keep children and their families safe online, the following link provides information, helpful tips, training and online resources that can help you set-up parental controls, spot what to watch out for and more importantly, who to contact if you notice a problem.