Helping your Child at Home
How to help your child succeed in Year 2 at home:
- Listen to them read
- Please read with your child regularly
- Children will bring home their RWI book or if they are no longer following the RWI scheme, they will have a reading record and a 'school' reading book to read at home.
- Children will also have a library book, which you can share with them. You may want to read this book to them.
- Encourage your child's love of reading by sharing stories with them
- Practise reading and writing common exception words- this will help them to access all areas of the curriculum
- Below are the Year 1 and Year 2 Common Exception words.
- Ensure your child completes their homework weekly. Homework is set on Doodle English and Doodle Maths, if you need a new Doodle Password or your child would rather complete their homework on paper then please speak to their class teacher.
- Talk to your child about their learning - have a look at the school website together and newsletters to see photos of what they have been up to.
- Encourage your child to use some of the education games and resources available on their class page.